Sunday, April 16, 2017

Ruth & Eric's Intimate Wedding

I met Ruth at the Farmers Market. She had come in to buy some pastries and has become one of my customers. She mentioned to me a few months ago she was getting married and needed a wedding cake so we started discussing what she was looking for.
We set up a cake tasting so her and Eric could try some cake samples. The tasting went well and I enjoyed getting to know Ruth and Eric more. It is nice to chat about being vegan, animals, delicious vegan food and recipes. We talked about the wedding plans and how they were having an intimate wedding with the ceremony in their backyard and how they were making their own food and Ruth even made her own cookies which I think is awesome.
Ruth and Eric went with a lavender and purple theme. The the cake design they chose was classic comma clean and beautiful. We made a three tier cake with two different flavors consisting of our organic, all vegan, soy free strawberry guava and pineapple coconut. Ruth and Eric decided to save their top-tier for their one year anniversary and served the other two tiers to their guests.
We did the top and bottom tier with lavender rosettes and the middle tier with white fondant and a white beaded border.
We arrived to set the cake up at Ruth and Eric's home in Virginia Beach. We walked in we were greeted by Molly there really adorable little dog. Ruth was getting her makeup and her hair done and she looked beautiful. Typically I don't get to see my bride's and I actually got to see Ruth in her dress. I know Eric's heart must have melted when she came walking down the aisle.
We are so happy and honored that we were able to be a part of Ruth and Eric's special day. We wish them many years of love and happiness.

If you are looking for a wedding cake or special cake for your event you can check out our website at www.kahiaus.com or give us a call at the bakery at 757.340.0071

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ruth & Eric's Intimate Wedding

I met Ruth at the Farmers Market. She had come in to buy some pastries and has become one of my customers. She mentioned to me a few months ...